Raw Energy Bars with White Leaf Provisions Apple & Pear Sauce
September means the start of the school year, but it's also the beginning of all of the activities that go along with it: band practice, sports games, club meetings, and carpools. We love this easy, healthy recipe for raw energy bars (made with our Biodynamic Apple and Pear Sauce!) for quick nutrition before after-school activities or on game days for both kids and parents alike. We make these bars in batches ahead of time and keep them in ziploc baggies in the freezer (they're best eaten within 15 minutes or so of taking them out).
Here's one of our go-to recipes, but you can switch up the add-in ingredients according to what you have on hand or your family's preferences.
RAW ENERGY BARS WITH WHITE LEAF PROVISIONS APPLE & PEAR SAUCE
1 cup organic rolled oats (pulsed a few times in a food processor)
3/4 cup raw almonds, roughly chopped
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup raw cashews (roughly chopped)
1/2 cup raw pecans
1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
1/3 cup flax seeds
1/3 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1 cup almond butter
1/3 cup raw honey
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup White Leaf Provisions Biodynamic Apple & Pear sauce
- Line an 8” x 8” pan with parchment paper.
- Mix Honey, Almond Butter, White Leaf Provisions Biodynamic Apple & Pear Sauce, and vanilla together.
- In a large bowl mix all of the dry ingredients together and add the honey Applesauce mix
- Using your hands, mix all ingredients together until they are fully combined and empty into the lined baking pan.
- Flatten out with your hands and freeze for 1 hour before cutting into bars. Once cut you can keep bars in the freezer for up to a year.